We’re Home! Pictures As Promised…Then Back to Books, I swear.
Ah, well, for better or worse, I’m home, sweet, home, now. We will still be making daily trips to the hospital until our little buddy is released, though. It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind and I haven’t been able to get pictures up due to limited photo access thanks to my iPad so here we go.
1. This is the very first night that Gavin was on the outside. I was pretty much stuck to my bed thanks to surgery so I sent my husband up to check on him in the NICU. He stayed for about an our, fed Gavin and reported back with some beautiful pictures that made me sleep a little better.
2. This is from the next day before I was let off my post surgery mag-sulfate. As much as I wanted to pull out all of my tubes and I.V.s and wires, I have to say that I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband and his super amazing daddy skills.
3. Kai, our older guy, drew a picture for his baby brother, at school, on Friday and we hung it up on the wall over his bed in the SCN. It’s a rainbow and a sunshine to “help him stay happy and warm”. I mean, can my guys BE any cuter?
4. This was our setback from yesterday. Usually, preemies get a little bit worn out by day three and need a little bit of assistance eating. The good thing is that he’s right on track for what “most babies” his age do so we haven’t become alarmed, yet. It is scary, though, to see your brand new little guy hooked up to such things. We can still hold and snuggle him with everything attached, though, which is nice.
5. This, of course, just melts my little mommy heart. Kai is just in love with his tiny brother and well, we’d like to think that Gavin appreciates all of the love coming his way from such a caring older sibling.