Ah, well, it’s been quite a week, here…or there, rather. I am just about as worn out as one can possibly be but I’m happy. To go in to too much detail would, well, be just that, but I will say that it was quite a life affirming, energizing, workshop filled conference with old and new friends, familiar routine and additional joys and challenges of being at GA with a three year old and gestating another.
I won’t bore all of my non-UU friends with my silliness; I just wanted to come in for a landing and announce my return to the fabulous world of blogging. Perhaps I’ll do a run down of cool books from the UUA bookstore and Skinner , later this week.
Oh and just for kicks, because many of you may be wondering what the heck Unitarian Universalism actually is, it’s somewhere between a non-denominational and multi-denominational conglomerate of faithful searching, drawing on Judeo-Christian values, eastern and western philosophies and an unending commitment to passion, compassion and justice. Or, for the list-oriented people, it follows seven pretty easy principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Ok, it’s much harder to get down off of this little soap box when one is pregnant. Huff, hurumph, ouch.